10. The search for the youngest listener. Ray asked for the youngest listener of the show to call in. A 23-year-old guy called in and told the guys he loved them. Ray then proceeded to question if there was something wrong with him for listening and called him a geek. Greg suggested he try weed or some type of partying and to live a while. A truly funny moment. The guy still listens… we think.
9. Gregs Vacation to Iceland. The stories leading up to the trip. The call-ins during the trip. The discussions between Ray and Jim Leach who filled in while Greg was on vacation. The phone calls from listeners cracking wise over Gregs trip and more.
8. Listeners convince Ray to try CBD oil. He of course called them crazy for suggesting it. But It was the listeners who called in and told Ray to try it and unbelievably it helped his knees.
7. People who want to deport Ray. Horrible people who want Ray kicked out of the country because he is half Mexican. It is funny how no one has requested he go back to Scotland or the Netherlands considering Scottish/Dutch is the other half.
6. Rays Mom. Everytime she calls the show it is a home run.
5. We got “Leskoed”. Mistakes by Frank Lesko led to Greg being unable to get audio from the Council meeting which caused Ray to go off. The resulting diatribe led to the creation of the term “getting Leskoed” which means someone screwing up so badly it affects everyone around them and people who rely on the thing that has been screwed up. For example if a persons job is to keep statistics for a game and they screw it up the teams are screwed because they don’t have their stats BUT the media outlets who report the scores GET LESKOED by the screw up of the statistician.
4. Coyotes in Springfield. During one of the Council meetings a group from Chicago had a plan and Ray had an impersonation of their Chicago accent. The Chicago Guy was born as was his play to put poison in babies and leave them on the deck for the Coyotes to eat in order to kill the Coyotes.
3. The Legend of the Head West Cinnamon Toast. Ray and Greg heard a story about a secret treat that workers at Head West make in the morning and it led to the search for the Cinnamon Toast from Head West.
2. Candidate Shaefers phone call leads to an article in the paper. Ray got fed up with Toms calls one morning and asked him who was worse Isis or liberals. Tom proceeded to say liberals. Then the quiz continued and we found out Ebola, the Plague, Al Queda, and more were better than liberals. One of the people listening that morning was Bernie Schoenburg of the SJR who then wrote an article about the craziness of the phone call after Tom Filed to run for Alderman.
1. Dozier File. Caller Steve mispronunciation of Dossier led to a running joke that still continues to this day,